Thursday, April 17, 2008

Smiles Times.

I have a theory about Sean Casey. He's the type of guy who always wants everyone around him to be happy. He's now witnessed the intensity and acrimony that goes along with Red Sox-Yankee games and felt the need to lighten the mood, to remind everyone that it's just a game.

He also seems like the type of guy who is unafraid to make an ass of himself for the amusement of others. So knowing that he would be safe (the second baseman was nowhere near the bag) he decided to go for it. He decided to make everyone smile. I giggled for quite awhile after I saw that, the people in the staduim laughed, and I'm still chuckling about it now.

Or it could just be that he fell and made it back to the bag anyway he could. It would certainly make him a better baseball player than if he was just some guy goofing around on the field. In fact, if I actually believed my theory, I would probably be pretty annoyed with him.

But I like my theory better because I hate Yankee games. And he made this one better.

No comments: