Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ad Space.



I've expressed my distaste for the old badminton Vitaminwater ad before. It's truly awful. Hopefully, I'll never have to see it again. On their day off on Monday, Ortiz headed down to New York to film a new Vitaminwater ad.


The people in the ad are Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher, rapper 50 Cent, Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard and David Ortiz. For some reason (perhaps it's clear in the ad why they chose to make them Soviets), they're dressed as cosmonauts.


A few things to say: David looks good in the costume. It's definitely more forgiving than his baseball uniform. On Tuesday I think it was Remy who said that David had cut his hair to try to break out of his slump (which was sad because I liked his hair) but maybe it was for the commercial and he'll grow it back. Also, Fiddy (in the middle there) looks absolutely tiny.

No comments: