Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Another Op'nin' Another Show



That was lovely.


I got a little teary-eyed at times. David Ortiz and Johnny Pesky raising the flag. Tim Wakefield walking off the field with his arm around Pesky. The idea that Alex Cora flew in Momma Cora (who apparently never leaves Puerto Rico) was extremely sweet. Doug! I read in the Herald yesterday that he was going to be there but I squealed when he came out anyway. The reception that Bill Buckner got and him wiping away a tear as he walked in from left field. It was very nicely done.


All of the John Williams music was a little strange. I know that he was the conductor of the Boston Pops for something like thirteen years but it was odd-especially starting with the Jurassic Park theme. I did think that using the Pirates of the Caribbean music for the bullpen pitchers was rather clever.

No comments: