Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Remember the Maine.

I think that I've told the story about how when I was a kid I had such a thick Maine-uh accent, that I ended up in speech therapy because my first grade teacher couldn't understand a word I said. It made no sense because I didn't know anyone who spoke like that but there I was, I could have strolled out of Acadia. So I've got a soft spot in my heart for the hearty souls from Vacationland.

So when a boy from Maine asks for help, you help him. (Because he talks like that and nobody ever corrected him and, apparently, it's hard to understand.) A group of students at Emerson College are trying to produce a documentary on Fenway Park for the hundredth year anniversary and the one hundred and first season played at Fenway Park. Unfortunately, they are short on cash. They need to raise over five thousand dollars in a week to get the project off the ground.

Normally, I wouldn't advocate just handing money over to college students and expect that it wouldn't go astray but he seems very sincere.

No comments: