Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's Today!

Fine.

I may not like any of the players on this team and I may not be overly fond of the management. And because I may not want to get pulled down into their vortex of collective jackass-ery and general suck-age again, I may have tried to steel my heart against the siren call of the game. This winter, I dredged my heart in anger and coated it in bitterness. (Note: That didn't start out as a chicken joke but it did evolve into one.) They don't care? I don't care.

Or so I told myself. It turns out that hope and baseball spring eternal. And turns out that despite the fact that I wouldn't mind all that much if the majority of these pitchers took a flying leap, pitchers and catchers reporting is enticing.

Since I can't give up baseball, I will be a reluctant fan.

But Beckett and Lester can go suck an egg.

No comments: