Friday, June 10, 2011

Never A Doubt.


I can admit when I've made a mistake. I may have jumped the gun when I wrote of the possibility that this team might lose every game this season. I may have expressed doubt when they repeatedly bumped against the .500 mark but couldn't break through. In the beginning, there was room for doubt.

Sixty-two games in, however, they're on top of the world. They're ten games over .500, in sole possession of first place, and have the best record in the American League. They lead the American League in runs scored. They lead all of baseball in doubles. The pitching staff also leads all of baseball in hit-by-pitches but I choose to believe that this is strategy.

If over the one hundred remaining games they can play .600 ball, they'd finish with a record of 96-66. Winning the one hundred games that some pundits thought that they would win is within the realm of possibility. Of course *anti-jinx*, they could revert back to that horrible start and finish under .500 but hopefully, that isn't the case.

Go team! Go!

No comments: