Monday, June 20, 2011

Behind the Lens.


Watch this video on YouTube


I imagine myself to be pretty good with a camera. I can reliably properly expose a photograph. I know the lingo: ISO, f-stop, shutter speed, blown spots, stopping up or down. I've got a rocket and have used it to clean the camera. If I found $1000 on the side of the road, I would buy myself the Nikon 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro lens, just because I really want one. All of that said, my pictures are generally really boring.

Someone who does not take boring photographs is Mike Ivins, manager of photography for the Red Sox. There was an interesting little write up about him today from the BU Communications department.

As a side note, because my camera has a cropped sensor, my long glass is effectively longer than his long glass. So take that professional photographer man.

No comments: