Thursday, September 30, 2010

On to the Tenth.

Things we learned from Ken Burns' Tenth Inning:

1. For all that his father meant to him, Petey is a mama's boy.

2. I never really put much thought into it but Joe Torre is kind of likable; Don Zimmer, on the other hand, remains a troll.

3. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to watch Ken Griffey Jr. play.

4. Barry Bonds can be a sympathetic character.

5. I can totally recognize Mike Lowell in profile. During one of the Barry Bonds segments, there was a photograph of, I assume, of a National League All-Star team but I didn't notice Barry (Please don't kill me, Mr. Bonds.) until they zoomed in on him because I only had eyes for Mike Lowell. Also, besides Rod Barajas, who knew that Barajas played for the Diamondbacks in 2001?

6. Even knowing what's coming, 2003 remains gut-wrenchingly awful to watch.

7. 2004 remains utterly fantastic.

No comments: