Thursday, September 30, 2010

After the Game.


Confession: Before this season, I never really paid all that much attention to Adrian Beltre; he was out on the West Coast so, really, who cares? Nobody. That's who. I will also admit that now I am pretty close to head-over-heels for him. It's not just the glove or the arm or the self-check at first base, which is amusing; nope, the thing that I've come to love most about Adrian Beltre is that he's like a spring. He builds up so much tension in his body when he's getting ready to hit that when he opts not to swing, he's got to release it somehow and so he does this little hopping thing. It makes me laugh.

I would love it if they brought Beltre back; I doubt that they will but I suppose that you never know. The Angels need a third baseman and Beltre's been rumored to be a West Coast guy. The West Coast thing might be overblown, though, because the Beltres have put their Los Angeles area pad on the market. They're some serious digs. If he did land in Anaheim, he could always pull it off the market, $19.8 million won't be easy to move.

No comments: