Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Come to the Dominican!


On December 6 David Ortiz will be hosting the first annual David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic at the Punta Espada Golf Club in the Domincan Republic to benefit the David Ortiz Children's Fund. The fund raises money for critical pediatric care for patients in both the D.R. and in New England.


He sounds like a little kid talking about his upcoming birthday party when talking about the event:



"I'm pretty excited. When you get to help people and put them in a better situation, I think that's a wonderful feeling," said Ortiz. "It's a beautiful course. I think everybody will love to come down there, and one way or the other, help with this, and have fun at this crazy, beautiful place."

and



"A lot of them want to come," Ortiz said of his teammates. "There are some guys, they're planning for this. Their vacation is going to be planned around there. This place is amazing. I've already talked to tons of guys. I talked to [Dustin] Pedroia, I talked to Mikey Lowell, [Josh] Beckett, [Justin] Masterson, [Jonathan] Papelbon. I invited everybody and pretty much everybody is going to come."


On a side note, I've got to stop reading so quickly. The "I owe this city a lot" at the bottom of the article became "I own a lot of this city." *Blink*

No comments: