Saturday, May 30, 2015

Down in the Dungeon Deep.

Sigh.

I really don't know what to make of this team. They shouldn't be this bad but they are. You think that things couldn't get worse and then they do. Is their pitching really this awful? I suppose so. Have they forgotten how to hit? It would sure seem that way. Is there a quick fix in sight? I doubt it.

Trading for Hamels would be a fool's errand. This team isn't one good pitcher away from being worth my time. They need a whole new rotation and pretty much a whole new bullpen. They need a full time right-fielder, a third baseman who doesn't need to be platooned, a first baseman, a new DH, and a left-fielder who doesn't need to worry so much about playing left field. 

I guess you just have to play out the string because I can't see what pieces are here that anyone would want.

No comments: