Sunday, March 17, 2013

On the Wearing O' the Green.

Not really but you need a title and I do like the green jerseys.

Perhaps the luck of the Irish was with the team today as they nearly perfecto-ed Tampa; which, you know, who cares--but it was fun. The more important thing was that Jon Lester continued to look good. Mike Napoli doesn't look decrepit (and perhaps we don't even have to set the bar that low). So maybe we all still wince when a ball flies to left field but knock in a couple of runs and we'll all temporarily forget that the hill folk eat people. I understand that if David continues hurting that it'll be an uphill battle but, damn it, I'm really starting to like this team.

It's annoying because I was all set to que sera sera this season but I find myself dragged back in. If the pitching holds up, if David's not out too long, if, if, if. And, yeah, they probably won't be so absolutely fabulous but in the back of my mind there's that glimmer of hope. And maybe it'll turn out to be a fun summer after all.

Also, Peter Abraham. I don't read him and make an effort to avoid him. I find him extremely unprofessional, snarky, and oftentimes downright pissy. I weirdly enjoyed listening to him talk about baseball today.

No comments: