Friday, January 4, 2013

Good Intentions.

I suspect that everybody's new year starts out with good intentions. I'm going to quit it with the chocolate. I'm going to exercise more. That painful, purply growth on my finger? Totally going to get that checked out this year. That sad, mostly abandoned blog? I'm going to write stuff for it.

But then four days go by and try as you might you just can't find anything to write about; a couple of minor league signings and interest expressed in wily, older players who might be past their prime but nothing super interesting. (Of course, there are those signings and trades that you chose to not have an expressed opinion about at the end of last year but whatever.) So lack of anything interesting to write about and, sad to say, lack of general interest in this team has left the sad abandoned blog in it's sad, abandoned state.

Therefore, I have given myself an assignment: Five awesome things about the 2013 Boston Red Sox. I figure that since I've generally been good at talking myself into things (I've almost almost talked myself into believing that I like John Lackey. Almost.) this might get me excited about this team, in addition to getting me to write something. There might, however, be a delay because first I'm going to have to think of five awesome things about this team. But I'm totally going to do it. Tomorrow or, you know, Sunday. Definitely some time.

And as for the chocolate, there are seven left in the box but I can't very well just throw them out. I did find a rogue Hershey Kiss today, which was very exciting.

No comments: