Thursday, April 26, 2012

As Lucky as Lucky Can Be.

Gentlemen! A sweep! How very exciting. It wasn't a good win or a pretty win or, even, a game that they should have won but it'll have to do. Can't be too picky.

Clay is either completely clueless or, possibly, the most stubborn person alive. He gets a two strikes on the hitter and it's like his thought process goes: What'll I do? What'll I do? Oooh! I know--it'll totally fool them this time--cut fast ball! The other six, seven, eight, ten, twelve times this game that I've thrown the cutter in this situation it hasn't worked but this time, this time is the time that it'll work.

And then Bobby Valentine leaves him in too long before going to that great LOOGY, Scott Atchison (Yeah. I don't know.) followed by Justin Thomas (Yeah. I don't know.) before finally turning to Matty to bring an end to the inning. I've got nothing against Atchison but why you would bring him in to face Mauer, I have no idea. And then our most fantastic closer loads the bases with a walk, a single, and a hit batsman.

Thank goodness that they were playing the Twins. A competent major league lineup would have hung this pitching staff out to dry.

No comments: