Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Plaigarism or Something Similar.

I don't remember my Covelli being much of a soundbite machine during his time in Boston. There's nothing wrong with that, of course. The quick witted-ness and cleverness required to be, say, Dustin Pedroia doesn't come naturally to everyone.

So it must seem easier when someone asks you for something soundbite worthy to just lay claim to something someone else, say Dustin Pedroia, said. My Covelli did an interview that appeared in The Thrillist San Francisco today. When asked about his weirdest teammate, he responded:

"Obviously I'm gonna say Manny Ramirez. What's funny about him, if Manny likes something, he'll take that one line and say it throughout the day. Like I'll say "It's gonna be a laser show today, get your goggles on," and then he'll just keep saying [Crisp starts using really thick Dominican accent] "Everbody put goggles on. It's going to be laser show."

Which, you know, sounds really familiar.

No comments: