Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kids Today.

I had recently thought that Jacoby Ellsbury might be turning into a hipster doofus; he seemed to have the self-important thing down and also that pathetic trying too hard thing. It seemed to be a label that fit. I would have been confident in saying that he could drop an 'über' in conversation without blinking. It turns out, though, that he may only be a faux hipster doofus. It seems that Ellsbury does not know what a record is.

While talking to the media today, he made it clear that he didn't want to talk about what happened last year by telling them "I'm going to sound like a broken recorder."

The last time I checked (and who really can keep up with this stuff), vinyl was cool again. I'm certain that Brian Wilson, king of the baseball hipster doofuses (doofusi?), has a large collection of records and would probably be glad to go on and on about the superiority of the recording quality. I guess Ellsbury's faux doofus-ness is actually a good thing. The world is a better place with one less hipster in it.

No comments: