Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Please, sir. I Want Some More.

Surely I can't be the only person who felt compelled to yell "Kaaaaaahn!" at the television every time Don said "Kohn." (Maybe the kid pronounces his name differently but a good German accent would put it closer to 'Cone'.) Really? Just me? But you know what? On a night when they don't lose, I'll be alright with my geekiness. Although in my defense, I don't think I've ever actually seen "The Wrath of Kahn".

Also, the Angel's new Fransisco Rodriguez either needs a new hat or a bigger forehead.

Things were a little dicey (Get it?) for Clay in the beginning but he was able to survive -- which is astounding considering that the Clay of a couple years back likely would have become absolutely distressed and crumpled to the mound in a ball of anxiety had he loaded the bases with nobody out. A pair of David Ortiz home runs, the return of Victor Martinez, and a JD Drew two-run double made for a good night. Especially when you've decided to not write about losses and consequently haven't had much to write about all month.

No comments: