Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Parade disappointment

What the hell was that?

I really want to like Josh Beckett. I was ready to take back all the bad things I have ever said about him. I've called him dumb, arrogant, boring, pretty much personality free, and good for little more than throwing a ball really fast. But I was ready to put our past behind us and forgive him.

Then he didn't dance. I was really excited about the prospect of him dancing. Sure, he would probably look like a jackass out there but more than that, it would show that there was more to him than just an almost-life-like robot built in the suburbs of Houston.

Then not only did he not dance but he had the gall to look bored. Josh, kitten, thousands of people are crowding the streets of Boston to cheer you on and you look bored? It's not so hard to crack a smile, you should try it sometime.

On a similar but not totally related note: Papelbon and Timlin cutting a rug, with a very reluctant Okajima? Priceless.

No comments: