Thursday, July 31, 2014

Shy.

Say what you will about him but Ben Cherington is certainly bold.

At this point, Cespedes is probably more reputation than actual talent but he's an above average player with a ton of power, even if he will insist on swinging at the curve ball in the dirt. And this might not be correct, but I feel like David is more successful when he has a Spanish-speaking buddy on the team--and I don't doubt David's ability to make friends, he could probably charm Price if he was so inclined.

Who knows about Allen Craig. If the foot is irreparably damaged, it's not a good acquisition but if he can heal? He's another useful piece. I do think though, that Will Middlebrooks should make a point of trying to trip him whenever he can.

Joe Kelly doesn't miss bats and might be better suited to the bullpen but you've got to have somebody start games. Just before the All-Star break when Victorino was like, "I never expected to play at Futures at Fenway", Cherington probably smirked, "Just you wait."

As for the guys heading out the door, I never personally cared for Jon Lester or John Lackey and I didn't really have an opinion on Jonny Gomes but I will miss Andrew Miller.

No comments: