Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Responsible Citizen.

David Ortiz has leant his name to a campaign (link in Spanish) intended to inform residents of the Dominican Republic of the proper way to obtain residential and travel visas to the United States and how to avoid false documents.

Says Ortiz: "We often believe it's the only way we can go (fraud) and we follow but in reality we must familiarize ourselves, inform ourselves, and some stranger says they can get you papers and they can get you into the US without problems, you have to reject the proposal because it doesn't work that way." (Translation mine.)

Having been raised in a very bourgeois household, I can't say that I relate but I feel like I can empathize with the desire to do something better, even at a very great cost. I say good for him.

No comments: