Saturday, December 14, 2013

Honorary Bostonians.

There are lots of people who are from Boston but unless you were conceived within city limits, you're not a Bostonian.  Sometimes the rules can be stretched a little bit.

Yesterday Ryan Kalish went and signed up with the Cubs. And while I don't begrudge him the opportunity, it makes me sad because, unlike Ellsbury, it felt like Kalish was ours. He really embraced the idea of Boston and he seemed like a wonderfully sweet young man. Perhaps he was just sick of Florida (it seems like a natural progression after so many months there) and decided to go spend the bulk of his time in Arizona. (I kid because I love.)

Mike Napoli expressed his undying love for all things Boston during a conference call to announce his signing. I wouldn't have thought it but he turned out to be an extraordinarily likeable person. So more power to him.

And David Ortiz wants to stay forever and ever. They should put him on the Wakefield plan.

No comments: