Friday, January 28, 2011

Pretty in Pink.


Last night, at the US Embassy in the Dominican Republic, there was a gathering for baseball players in order to promote the Alliance for Dominican Development; a group which works to provide health care, education, and job training in the D.R. The Alliance has paired up with the USAID (US Agency for International Development) and Major League baseball and the shindig was held in order to encourage the ballplayers to take an active role in betterment of their home communities.

At the event, David Ortiz was asked about his goals for next season and he replied (link in Spanish) in a joking manner, "If I'm healthy, I add the other, I have the ability to finish a great year." I don't know what that means. The middle clause might also be 'I add another'; another level to his playing, another great year. I really don't know. So normally I would just skip the story but how could I possibly resist that pink jacket?

No comments: