Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On Mike Lowell.

Rueters Pictures

This article is a couple of days old but whatever, I've been busy. There are so many things to like from the outset: Mike Lowell? Check. Gordon Edes? Check. Naturally, I can't leave well enough alone and must complain: Holy purple prose, Gordo. The pitch from Dr. Papa Lowell was "strong and true"? I like Mike Lowell as much as the next person but my goodness.

Mike Lowell might not understand exactly how he became so popular but I do. It's that lovely smile. It's such an easy smile, with intelligence and good-humor behind it. And really you can't help but grin stupidly back at him.

And so he'll go back to Miami with his adorable wife (also lively and intelligent, no dead-eyed bimbo for Mike Lowell) and his, undoubtedly, perfect children to live a perfect Ozzie and Harriet type life. Lucky bastard. Best of luck to him.

No comments: